Monday, June 29, 2015

Mid-Day Camp Report

One thing that I was going to mention was that I had to be careful to mitigate my expectations.

In my head, the kids would be cooperative and excited to have lots of things to which they could look forward. At the same time, I rationally knew that there would be the typical arguments and challenges that come from having strong willed children.

Today, Bunny decided that she would challenge the whole plan before anything could start. She woke up at

5:45 A.M.

That was not part of the plan.

My alarm was set for 6:00 A.M., which was pretty ambitious for me. I would get laundry and a fresh loaf of bread going, do some planning, then get the kids up. Instead, she woke me up extra early, then started complaining that her tummy hurt, then refused to go lie down. The confrontations have continued and it is no quite 1:00 P.M.

We have still managed to get a lot done and have fun, but every fifteen to thirty minutes I have to ask something of her and then get backlash.

We're going to the park now. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment